Disclosure: We only recommend products we would use ourselves and all opinions expressed here are our own. This post may contain affiliate links. At no additional cost to you, we may earn a small commission. Thanks!
In 2022, typical baby gifts look like this: You order online from their baby registry and the gift shows up at their door in a brown shipping box with a typed note. While these are great and still very appreciated, sometimes you want to get a more personalized baby gift for a special family member or friend! These baby gift baskets turn standard baby registry items into something that is inspired, creative, and sparks joy. And bonus - gift baskets don't have to be just for the baby! Make a gift basket for the new mom too.
Guidelines for Creating a Baby Gift Basket:
- We are not getting the big things; these are things that fit in a basket. The big things are extremely important, but so are all the little details that fill in the gaps!
- We like to get them what they want from their baby registry, with a touch of personalization, and package it up in a beautiful way. (Example: If we reference a night light below, find the one they picked out on their registry. We don’t want to go totally rogue.)
- If you are an experienced mom, sometimes it is fun to add some things not on their baby registry that you had great success with!
- You can make the baby gift basket as big or as little as you’d like based on your budget. These are just ideas that go with each theme.
- Beautiful Basket (Used for the baby gift basket, but also doubles as a cute nursery storage basket)
- Silk Ribbon
- Gift tags (Download now for FREE below)
Baby Shower Gift Baskets for Baby
Sleep like a Baby
“You’re my favorite reason to lose sleep”
Gift basket ideas:
- Mattress/Bassinet Sheets
- Mattress protector
- Night Light
- Sleep Sacks
- Sound Machine
Our Pick: Kyte Baby Sleep Sack
Why? Soft bamboo material, comforts baby skin irritations, high quality. Whether it's a baby boy or baby girl, they have adorable color options.
- Hats or bows (for baby girl)
Our Pick: Have fun with this one! We just recommend buying sizes 3-6 months+ so they don't grow out of it too quickly.
Baby Books and Learning
High Contrast Tummy Time Baby Toy
Baby Einstein Musical Baby Toy
Why? The best baby toys can be chewed on, spin, have high contrast colors, encourage tummy time, and play music. We've got you covered with these!
- Wash + lotion
- Bath toy
- Water cup
Kyte Baby Washcloth Bundle Neutral
Why? High quality, natural materials, and a strong brand. It's no secret that moms are big fans of the Kyte Baby brand.
Our Pick: Lucy Darling Baby's First Year Memory Book
Why? Cute design, good writing prompts
- Stroller toy
- Bottle heater
- Baby Carrier/wrap
- Backseat mirror
- Portable crib sheets
- Pacifier clips
Our Pick: Ergo Baby Carrier
Why? Sturdy, gender neutral, grows with baby, good for baby hips
- Diaper creams (See our post "Mom Hack: Diaper Rash Kit")
- Pad cover/liners
- Diaper garbage bags (if they need for their can)
Our Pick: Parker Baby Diaper Caddy (tip: swap out the gift basket and package everything up in this cute diaper caddy!)
Why? Cute and oh-so-useful. Moms find themselves changing diapers all over the house. It's helpful to have this in the main living space with everything you need instead of having to go to their changing table 15x per day.
- Bottle brushes
- Baby bottle soap
- Drying rack
- Bibs/burp clothes
- Milk Storage bags
Why? Washing bottles, breast pump parts and more will become a major part of a new mom's life. This white drying rack is discrete in your kitchen and helps the bottles dry quickly. The baby bottle soap is plant-based, hypoallergenic, free of harsh chemicals, and proven to remove milk residue!
Baby Shower Gift Baskets for Mom
New Mom Gift
- Gift card for sushi
- Bottle of Champagne
- Coffee beans + mug
- Bubble bath
Our Pick: Midnight Mom Devotional
Why? This encouraging book of prayers connects you with a community of moms to strengthen your heart and give you support when you need it most.
Mom Postpartum Care
- Devotional or book
- Witch hazel
- Ice pads
- Big Pads
- Numbing spray
- Sitz bath salt
Our Pick: Frida Mom Peribottle
Why? Ditch the hospital ones, this will become a postpartum mom's best friend.
- Breast pads
- Nipple Cream
- Hair Ties
- Bibs/burp clothes
- Motherhood Book
Our Pick: Earth Mama Organics Breastfeeding Bundle
Why? Recommended by birth and lactation consultants, this plant-based nipple cream is the gift a new mom doesn't know she'll need. She'll thank you later!
There you go! Take those standard baby registry items to the next level by bringing one of these gift baskets to your next baby shower.
Recommended for You
Based on your reading, you may also like:
8 Key Elements for Planning an EPIC Baby Shower
11 Stunningly Gorgeous Baby Shower Dresses